Skip to main content

A Note of Thanks from Arto Woodley



A Note of Thanks From Arto Woodley
"I can no other answer make but thanks, And thanks, and ever thanks..."
--Sebastian,
Twelfth Night, Act 3, scene 3

Thank you for all of your gifts, service, prayer, support and love. You have helped equip hundreds urban young people at Frontline Outreach over the past sixteen years. In January Bishop Allen Wiggins and I successfully launched the Strategic Alliance with Frontline Outreach and Hope Center West. The Alliance added new board members affiliated with Hope and added new team members to manage the daily operations of Frontline Outreach.

Since we have completed the transition process I have moved out of my role as President of Frontline. I will complete my term as a White House Strong City Strong Communities Fellow serving Mayor John Linder (http://www.gmfus.org/programs/urban-and-regional-policy-program/strong-cities-strong-communities-fellowship/chester-pennsylvania/) and finish a doctorate in Higher Education Leadership at Widener University in Chester, Pennsylvania. Additionally, I will continue to serve the ministry behind the scenes on an ad hoc basis to leverage my national, state and local contacts to advance Frontline’s work in Orlando.

Please view my video for more details concerning my transition: Arto Woodley's Transition and Frontline Outreach 3.0


It has been my immense pleasure to serve God, children and you over these past two decades. I look forward to personally thanking as many of you as possible for your support. My email and phone number will remain the same. Please continue to engage in the work of Frontline Outreach as it progresses toward 50 years of service in 2017.

My time was characterized by Colossians 3:23 and Romans 12:11-12. Know that I enjoyed my time serving and I am truly thankful for every act of kindness me and my family received.  I know our paths will cross again. Blessings!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I My Brother's Keeper

You’ve heard the question, but do you know its original context? These words—am I my brother’s keeper?—were spoken by Cain, firstborn of Adam and Eve. Cain spewed them when asked by God, “Where is your brother Abel?” This same dialogue could occur with today’s average Christian in Central Florida. If asked “Where is your brother?” we too could be caught trying to cover ourselves in a philosophical debate. But what if we would consider God’s question honestly? In Orlando there were 49 murders in 2006. Thirty-four slain were black. What is the universal Christian response to this record-breaking murder streak? Is it benign neglect? Or claims like this one: “That’s what happens to ‘those people’”? As followers of Christ, are not “those people” our brothers and sisters? 1 John 4:21 says, “And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.” Orlando’s murder rate is just one issue that challenges the body of Christ in this region. Until we rightly identify our br...

A Tribute to Momma

A Tribute to Momma Mother's Day provides the opportunity to pause and meditate on the value of good mothers. The role of mothers has been under attack over the last few decades. It has not been enough to be a mother. Expectations has forced women to become a hybrid man/woman both carrying on a professional life, raising and nurturing a family. For many women like my mother working was a necessity not purely a professional pursuit. It has been eight Mother's Days since I last gave Momma her last card. She along with my grandmother were the defining women in my life. Not so much because of what they provided materially, but rather the spiritual and life lesson they imparted. Yesterday, I spoke to a group of young women receiving their ten year pin for being Girl Scouts. I noted that the whole world is in search of women who embrace their roles as leaders and who are prepared. My mother was such a woman. Never living outside of the inner city she influenced and dev...